Children’s Ministry Coordinator Application
June 15, 2023 | Mike Maslin
We are now collecting applications for the position of Children’s Ministry Coordinator. The initial application deadline will be July 2.
Position Title: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will lead Forcey Bible Church in discipling children (from birth through 5th grade) to know and follow Jesus Christ. They will work with the Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Equipping to develop vision for the ministry, recruit and equip ministry workers, engage and encourage parents, and cultivate a Bible-rich, safe, and family-friendly environment within the ministry. This is a part-time position of approximately 15-20 hours per week. Some work can be accomplished remotely.
Reports to: Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Equipping
- Leadership of all aspects of the children’s Sunday School ministry and other children’s programs at Forcey Bible Church (must prioritize attendance at a morning worship service).
- Recruit and equip new Sunday School workers, training them for the ministry to which they are called, and supporting them through ongoing training.
- Research and develop initiatives for a flourishing children’s ministry.
- Oversee all aspects of curriculum and supplies purchasing and their distribution.
- Manage the database of children and families, and manage files for workers such as
background checks, worker applications, and records of safety training.
- Serve as a support and resource to Forcey Educational Association ministries, including Forcey
Christian School, Forcey Day Camp, My Day Out, and Forcey 360.
- Lead in planning periodic special events geared to assimilating new children and families.
- Provide additional administrative support to the Associate Pastor of Discipleship and
Equipping and Youth Director as able.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the church administrative office staff, where needed.
- Clear personal testimony of faith in Christ for salvation.
- Full agreement with Forcey Bible Church Articles of Faith, mission, and teaching.
- Member in good standing at Forcey Bible Church, or willingness to become member.
- Strong administrative and interpersonal communication skills consistent with Christian
- Track record of effective service to children and ability to teach them from God’s Word.
- Ability and commitment to exercise appropriate discretion and confidentiality.
- Competence managing and configuring check-in and registration software applications.
- Willingness to undergo a thorough background and motor vehicle record check.
Physical Demands of Work Environment
- Ability to regularly move around the facility accessing classrooms, offices and storage areas.
- Ability to move light equipment such as children’s toys and classroom equipment.
Please fill out and email to [email protected] or drop off in the church office.